One of our favorite pumpkin recipes
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- 15-oz. can pumpkin puree
- 10-oz. jar caramel
- 8-oz. container Cool Whip
- Pumpkin pie spice, for garnish
· 1/4 c. toasted chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350° and line a 9"-x-13” pan with parchment.
2. In a large bowl, combine cake mix and pumpkin puree and whisk until smooth. Spread batter into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean, 27 to 30 minutes. Let cake cool completely.
3. Using the back of a wooden spoon, poke holes all over surface of the cake. Pour caramel to fill holes.
4. Spread Cool Whip all over the top of cake, then sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice and drizzle with more caramel. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
5. Cut into squares and serve.